Planning a data model in NoSQL is much different than planning in a data model in another relational database. Sometimes, unstructured and semi-structured data can be indexed and generate a schema by the NoSQL database itself. At other times, an ETL tool helps to simplify the process. Ultimately, the data model design depends on the data that you want to capture and how you want to access that data. No matter the database, there are some common design considerations that we can help you implement.
IOS helps you:
● Create a flexible, scalable platform that meets the needs of today’s webscale applications.
● Provide the robustness and reliability expected from traditional databases.
● Provide operational efficiency with minimal manual involvement.
Our design patterns are optimized for applications that have to be available 24/7 and reliably handle big data. This has several benefits:
● When developing your application, you don’t need to worry about where the data is located. The client detects data location automatically and ensures that the vast majority of requests are handled with a single hop. Your application can treat the database as if were stored on a single server.
● When you want to add capacity, simply add a node to the cluster and the cluster will rebalance to include the new node. Throughput and performance scale up linearly as you add capacity.